Founded in 2009, Premiere International College was originally West Lawrence Academy. The motivation for opening the school was to develop highly skilled nurses and nursing assistants to provide care for medically compromised patients in Fort Myers, Florida and the surrounding areas. In 2011, the school received approval to offer Nursing Assistant, Practical Nursing, and Associate Degree in Nursing Programs, in Ft. Myers by the Florida Board of Nursing. In 2011, PIC received license from the Florida Department of Education – Commission of Independent Education. The school has since built a reputation for excellence in nursing education as it has attracted committed educators and administrative staff.
With the support of the local Ft. Myers community, PIC received approval for a RN to BSN Program in 2012, designed for seamless continuity of education for licensed Registered Nurses. In 2015 PIC was licensed for Business Administration Degree Programs in the area of Associate Science Business Administration, Bachelor Science Business Administration, and a Master Science Business Administration. PIC received its accreditation from the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges.
The mission of the Premiere International College is to support the educational needs of a diverse community by preparing the students to qualify for the national licensure examination upon graduation. PIC provides accessible, affordable, quality educational opportunities to ensure safe, competent, and technically-skilled practice in Practical Nursing, Associate Science Nursing, RN to BSN, Associate Business Administration, Bachelor Business Administration, and Master Business Administration programs, at entry level positions in accordance with the commission and values of PIC. PIC is committed to excellence, integrity, and respect in addressing the healthcare needs of the community by supplying competent, employable graduates.
Premiere International College is devoted to educating the community. We provide students with an atmosphere that capitalizes on student-centered learning. PIC considers each student as an individual and strives to be cognizant of all requests from members of the student body. PIC graduates are instilled with the belief that family values, commitment, and perseverance will allow them to become productive members of society.
Goals and Objectives
The goals and objectives are essential to the mission of Premiere International College.
In keeping with the needs and background of our students Premiere International College faculty, administration and management’s purpose is to:
- Bring knowledge to the local community of the opportunities in the nursing profession achievable through completion of nursing training
- Provide comprehensive nursing programs that prepare students for direct entry into the job
- Support students in the successful completion of their nursing programs of study.
- Provide students with opportunities to develop the soft skills necessary to be successful in school and in their nursing
- Contribute to the community by providing adequately trained and prepared nursing professionals.
- Create a challenging and supportive environment for employees, and provide learning and growth opportunities, and infrastructure necessary to do his/her job effectively.
- Establish for employees an environment and policies that ensure PIC regulatory compliance.